A Jacuzzi Tub is said to be an elegant feature or asset usually found in a bathroom. Its trademark definition defines it as a large whirlpool bathtub with underwater jets that massage the body.
Jacuzzis, if not already present in the desired bathroom, is often seen as a means of upgrading one’s bathroom and adding value to one’s home.
If you have completed the first step: and went out and bought your new Jacuzzi, congratulations! This article is comes in handy as it now takes you through the second step which is Installing your Jacuzzi:
- 4 x 4 post stock
- 2 x 4 stock
- Galvanized Screws
- Electrical Conduit
- Plumbing Conduit
- Sand Water
- Post Anchors
- Bolts & Nuts
- Drill and the full drill set
- A Shovel
- Table Saw
- Tape Measure (in accordance to the units used in the specifications)
- Floor on which Jacuzzi is to be installed should be leveled and able to support the weight.
- In the case of an uneven floor, this would need to be rectified, so as to allow the bathtub to sit on a leveled surface.
- NB: If Jacuzzi is to be installed on an uneven surface, one runs the risk on encountering ineffective water drainage and even more so the inability of the jets to function properly.
- Ensure that your floor is able to support 150 pounds (lbs) per square foot. If not you will require additional support under the floor.
- A frame (supporting enclosure) for the bathtub is required to. The manufacturer, as it relates to the frame should provide the specifications. The frame is usually of a wooden nature, in which the tub will be placed.
- The frame in which the bathtub is to be placed should be able to provide support along the full length of the bottom of the bathtub as well as it rim.
- An access panel with dimensions 18×18 needs to be created to facilitate the pump or motor for the Jacuzzi. This panel should be placed in a reachable area in the event there is trouble wit the Jacuzzi. It should also be able to provide the necessary ventilation.
- Now after the framework is completed, proceed to setting the Jacuzzi.
- To ensure that the bathtub is level within the framework, use a level to check this requirement.
- In the event the bathtub is not leveled, you will need to place shims under the bathtub until it is at the leveled position.
- Now proceed to securing the bathtub to the framework along the sheetrock nailing flange.
- Where the wiring the plumbing for the Jacuzzi is concerned, it advised that this part of the Job be left to the professionals. If the tub is not properly connected the warranty will be voided.
- After all the necessary installation is done, clean up the construction area removing all debris.
- Ensure that all connections and fittings are secured.
- To ensure that everything is functioning properly, fill the tub so that water level is above the jets, that way checks for leaks can be done thoroughly.
- Turn on the jets allowing the bathtub to run for at least 15 minutes. Any problems that may arise should be addressed before closing off the area.
- The sheetrock is to be used to cover the framework. The sheetrock can be either painted or tiled. In the case that tile is to be added, you need to first check to see if your floor is able to support the additional weight.
Additional Installation Tips
- Caulk can be implemented at the edges of the Jacuzzi tub to help prevent water leaks.
- Always make reference to the manufacturer’s manual for instructions and specifications regarding the installation of your Jacuzzi tub.
- Ensure that you have taken the proper measurements especially before making your purchase, as the purchase of the incorrect tub will prove to be of great inconvenience.
- Before installing be sure to check for surface defects, plumbing defects and hardware defects that may have come with your new tub.
- Once again too much emphasis cannot be placed on checking that the floor is able to manage the weight.
- The tub should be sealed sufficiently with silicone to prevent water from leaking out down to the floor.